Cycling Sunglasses


Ryders Eyewear offers terrific performance, fit and appearance for demanding cyclists at a very reasonable price. These sunglasses are made with high-tech materials, and in our tests we had no problems with slippage or fogging. You won't find any better-made glasses at this price.

Pros

  • Well-made eyewear at a great price
  • Quality construction should provide lasting performance
  • Comfortable and well-fitting
  • High-tech design and materials provides top performance

Cons

  • Intersect Interchangeable sunglasses lacked instructions how to on swap out lenses
  • Company website and product information is out of date

Description

  • Constructed with light yet rigid TR90 Duraflex frames.
  • Hydrophilic temple tips and adjustable nose pads - comfortable and easy to keep clean.
  • The Slipstream glasses have flexible wire-core temple tips, which allow for more precise fit.
  • Lenses are adaptable to most prescriptions.
  • Shatter-proof polycarbonate lenses and 100-percent UVA, UVB and UVC protection

Guide Review - Cycling Sunglasses by Ryders Eyewear

I don't know about you, but every time I take a look at the "big" names in cycling eyewear -- and you know who I mean -- I do a double take and swallow hard when I see the price tag on some of these pairs of sunglasses. I mean, seriously - unless your name is Warbucks or Rockefeller, who isn't going to think twice about forking out $200 or $300 for a pair of sunglasses? Especially given my track record of sitting on them, losing them in my car or having them simply vanish at least once a month.

At the same time, as a serious cyclist, I know how important it is to have quality eyewear. Quite simply, you need to see to be safe. Even when you're sweating. Even when it's early a.m. or late in the evening. Even when the wind is blowing hard and kicking up all kinds of dirt and junk and trying to scour it directly into your eyeballs.

That's why I was pleased at what I found in this trial of Ryders Eyewear, with the chance to test two pairs of sunglasses from Ryders current line -- the Intersect Interchangeable ($59.99) which features three different sets of lenses to swap out for varying conditions, and the Intersect Slipstream sunglasses ($39.99). After trying out both pairs, I can recommend them to you.

In this trial, I found these Ryders Eyewear to be top-notch in most every way. The documentation was short on the interchangeable lenses, but hey, they're sunglasses. They fit good, they look good and they do their job in helping you see. Both pairs have shatter-proof polycarbonate lenses and 100-percent UVA, UVB and UVC protection and well-fitting, light and comfortable frames. I've worn both pairs in a variety of conditions and have been very satisfied with the performance, fit and look of these glasses by Ryders Eyewear, and I think you will too. These are great sunglasses for cyclists at half or less of what you'd pay for bigger names.

No comments: